Monday, April 23, 2012

april showers

Woke up to rain, and real rain, not just an overcast but still somehow bright day like yesterday which only manages to give me a headache. Today it's pouring, my son has already gotten me out to play in the puddles and back inside again. Coffee, breakfast, more coffee, still sleepy. Got lots of sleep but I always want more.

Rearranged living room, more open, better flow. Need to give away loveseat, though, to feel the full effect. Feels nice. Couch now faces the windows, which feels calming. It's quiet inside except for the pattering of rain and my son playing around with his cars, crayons, whatever. It feels cozy, peaceful, I should do some cleaning, bread is baking in the bread machine.

And I'm thinking about the things I really should do- job applications, planning for the future, a possible move 234 miles east, to the literal edge of America- it makes me feel a little stressed. But at least beginning one thing will make me feel less stressed. How do I know that we're making the right choice? I don't want to get stuck, although we are already sort of stuck here. We know it's time for a change. It seems like a good one. I feel drawn there. I think I would feel more inspired. Want to write more, photograph more, document more. Temporary. I have to keep telling myself that it will be a temporary shift. I think I'm getting too far ahead of myself.

Must do some stretches today. And some laundry. And some book-reading. Perhaps some astrology studies. We'll see.


No comments:

Post a Comment